- A Glocal Celebration: Red Clay Dance Company presents La Femme Dance Festival at the Green Line Performing Arts Center This biennial festival celebrates dancemakers whose work is grounded in African and African Diasporic forms and provides presentation and professional development opportunities for this historically underrepresented group in concert dance.
- Summer 2017: Shakespeare As Summer Sport By Brian Hieggelke While we associate beach reading with trashy novels and serious music makes way for catchy but banal pop songs, summer theater is dominated by the highbrow plays of one William Shakespeare. Options abound for Bard bingeing under the stars, from the Chicago Shakespeare Theater’s “In the Parks” series, to the Oak Park Festival Theatre to First Folio…
- The Vertical Dance Floor: Aerial Dance Chicago brings Blackbird to the Ruth Page Center Dancers take to the air in a show about freedom, potential and flight.
- Pushing Boundaries: Chicago Human Rhythm Project's Rhythm World Festival Features a New Artist In Residence The annual tap festival is a chance to see the boundary-pushing work of CHRP's first ever artist-in-residence Dani Borak.
- Fulfilling Destiny: Chicago Latino Theater Alliance's International Theater Festival Connects Globally And Focuses Locally The inaugural theater festival celebrates the work of Latinx artists from around the world with a special emphasis on local theater companies.
- A Grand Entrance: A Preview of South Chicago Dance Theatre’s Inaugural Gala at University of Chicago’s Mandel Hall South Chicago Dance Theatre's gala debut will be a celebration of diversity in dance, and create a context of inclusion and empowerment.